Infinity Ward keeps on updating the new Call of Duty: Modern Warfare game with ever new content. The latest patch brought a new game mode called Grind which was seen in a couple of previous games in the series. Grind is a hybrid game mode that was introduced in 2013’s Call of Duty: Ghosts. Variations of it were also released to Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (Fracture), or Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 (Stockpile).
If you’re new to Call of Duty games you might be wondering about the rules of Grind. Essentially, it’s a mix of popular Kill Confirmed and Hardpoint modes that tasks players to collect dog tags from enemies and bring them to certain locations on the map in order to secure objectives. Not only can you collect your enemies’ tags but you can also pick those of your teammates as well. However, if you’ll get killed – you’ll drop everything you carry.
While points, where you need to carry your dog tags, rotate around the map, it’s worth mentioning that these points are the same for both teams, so expect some chaotic engagements and nervous last sprint in order to secure the objective.
To make things in Grind more clear, Activision has shared a new blog post with a complete set of rules and a couple of tips. If you’re interested in learning more about the mode be sure to check out the full post. Here are 5 tips:
1. Points over Kills: In Grind, collecting, denying, and delivering tags will net you points in addition to getting kills. Consider equipping Pointman to turn Killstreaks into Scorestreaks to benefit from your objective play.
2. Reaching the Objective: Because delivering dog tags is the only way to earn points, expect the objective area to be a flytrap for skirmishes. Keep a careful eye on the objective as enemy players may be sniping the location or laying in wait. Consider using Snapshot Grenades to gain visibility on enemies near the objective and Spotter to see any explosives.
3. Risk vs. Reward: There is a benefit to collecting multiple dog tags and delivering all of them to the objective at once. You’ll net an impressive amount of points, and definitely boost your team’s overall score. Plus, you’ll only have to trek into the danger zone of the objective once. However, if you die with a lot of tags, especially if it’s close to the objective, those tags could be a really easy score for the enemy team. It’s a tough decision to make but choose wisely… your team depends on it.
4. Perks for Perfection: In addition to Pointman and Spotter, there are a few other key perks that could help. High-Alert will keep you aware of all enemies, E.O.D. will reduce your damage to various lethal equipment, and Double Time will give you an extra boost to race to the objective.
5. Upgrades for the Field of Battle: While every player has a Field Upgrade that blends well with their playstyle, there is one that really shines in Grind: the Trophy System. This Field Upgrade will prevent you from dying from thrown projectiles near the objective. If you’ve put in all the work of killing enemies and collecting tags, the Trophy System will help you have a safer deliver to score points for your team.
Grind is a free mode, so be sure to check it out if you already own the game. If not, check out our price for the title.