In case you haven’t heard, PlayStation 5 just launched and with it, PlayStation Plus members can access a huge library of games packed in a new PlayStation Plus Collection. Most of the games there are the best PlayStation 4 had to offer throughout the years, so PlayStation 5 should be happy. But how about players who didn’t get their new console? You can grab these games too with a little workaround…
What is PlayStation Plus Collection?
The PlayStation Plus Collection essentially is Sony’s answer to Xbox Game Pass – a premium collection of games that you can play whenever you like if you have an active subscription. The PlayStation Plus Collection was announced as one of the launch features of PlayStation 5 that will allow all PS Plus subscribers who own a PlayStation 5 console to access a big collection of PlayStation 4 games (including some big exclusives) at no additional cost.
What do you need in order to activate PlayStation Plus Collection on your PS4?
– A PlayStation Network account
– PlayStation 4… duh
– A friend who already has his PlayStation 5
– Active PlayStation Plus subscription
How to activate PlayStation Plus Collection on your PS4?
– First, you must ask your friend to allow you to use his/her new PS5 console for a moment in order to log-in to your PlayStation Network account.
– Upon logging in, you must navigate your way through PlayStation Store and activate your PlayStation Plus gift card in order to gain access to your PlayStation Plus Collection. However, access is only granted for those who activate their PS Plus on PS5, so doing this on PS4 won’t work
– Upon completion, be sure to thank your friend, log-out, and rush home to log in to your PSN account.
– Congratulations! You can now download each of the games (listed below) free of charge, as long as your PlayStation Plus membership is active! You’re welcome.
What games can I play?
The PlayStation Plus Collection currently consists of 18 big titles some of which got numerous awards and were praised by critics and gamers alike. Upon completing our recommended activation process all of these titles should be marked as free on your PlayStation Store page.
- God of War
- The Last of Us: Remastered
- Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
- Battlefield 1
- Monster Hunter World
- Fallout 4
- Final Fantasy XV
- The Last Guardian
- Ratchet and Clank
- Infamous: Second Son
- Days Gone
- Detroit: Become Human
- Batman Arkham Knight
- Mortal Kombat X
- Persona 5
- Until Dawn
- Resident Evil: Biohazard
From what we gather, Sony will expand this collection of games further down the line, meaning that with time the value of this will only get bigger. Be sure to use this guide and get the best out of your PS Plus membership!