Point & Click Games
- Clear all
You may also be interested in:
- Xbox Games
- PSN Games
- Hack Slash
- Music Games
- Educational Games
- Local Co-Op
- Split Screen
- Third Person
- Side Scroller
- Bird View
- Virtual Reality
If you want your games to have as simple as possible controls, you can look into games on this list: not only easy to control with only your mouse, but also with interesting and deep stories, characters, and atmospheric surroundings. Choose point and click games if you want a well-written, adventurous story and simple mouse or pointer-only controls!
What are point and click games?
In this kind of game, the player has to control a character through a simple interface, usually using a computer mouse or a similar pointing device. Though, there are some cases where additional control schemes are also available for this type of game. Point and click adventure games are for those players who like to immerse themselves in intricate and interesting stories and are not interested in deep gameplay mechanics found in other genres, such as RPG or action games. Due to the nature of the controls, such games are usually made for PCs, so make sure to check our Steam point and click (PC) titles!
How are point and click games played?
While playing this type of game, the player has to move a character by simply clicking on the spots. The interaction with the environment and other NPC characters, often initiating conversation trees with them, is done by clicking on them as well. This kind of game emphasizes the exploration of surroundings and examination of various objects found in the levels. Every found object is required for certain point-and-click puzzle games that the player has to solve in order to progress in the game. Tips on how to solve them can be found in item descriptions, in the environment, or when talking with other characters.
Best point and click games
Take a look at the most popular video games of this genre that have been released through the years:
- Grim Fandango. A cult classic published by LucasArts in 1998, the game is set in the Land of the Dead, where departed souls travel through before reaching their final destination. The player controls agent Manuel “Manny” Calavera, who has to save the new arrival Mercedes “Meche” Colomar on her journey. Grim Fandango is known for its noir style, which differs it from other titles;
- The Longest Journey. Another cult classic released by Funcom in 1999, The Longest Journey is a magical realistic point-and-click adventure game that takes place in various parallel universes of two zones – magical Arcadia and industrial Stark. The player controls April Ryan, a student living in Stark. She has an ability to move between these worlds, and has a mission to restore their Balance;
- Myst. A graphic adventure puzzle game developed by Cyan in 1993, Myst is one of those classic titles that are remembered to this day. In this game, the player has to travel through the book into an island called Myst. From this island, the player can travel to 4 different worlds and solve mysteries. It’s one of that point and click mystery games that are fan-favorites to this day;
- The Wolf Among Us. It’s an episodic graphic mystery-drama adventure game made by Telltale Games in 2013. The player has to control a Bigby Wolf, the sheriff of Fabletown. It’s a clandestine community, consisting of fantastical characters, like fairy tales and other beings from folklore. The mission of Bigby is to investigate a series of mysterious murders, that are occurring in Fabletown after a long time;
- The Walking Dead. Another series of episodic graphic adventure point and click horror games from Telltale Games and Skybound Games, first released in 2012, The Walking Dead is all about characters that are trying to survive during the zombie apocalypse. The series is known for its drama elements, including tragedy and grief because not everything is fun and games when the apocalypse strikes!
- Syberia. A series of graphic adventure games made by Microids, Syberia is known for its unmistakable atmosphere. First released in 2002, Syberia tells the story of a protagonist, Kate Walker, who is an American lawyer with a mission to oversee the major sale of a company. She travels across Europe and Russia to find a missing person.