Horror games | Buy scary games cheaper!
- Regions:United States
- Regions:North America
- Reset all filters
You may also be interested in:
- Nintendo Switch Games
- Xbox Games
- PSN Games
- Hack Slash
- Music Games
- Educational Games
- Local Co-Op
- Online and Local Co-op Games at the Best Price!
- Split Screen
- Third Person
- Bird View
- Virtual Reality
Horror games are one of the most prominent genres in the gaming industry, engaging thousands of players in an intense survival experience – psychological pressure, adrenaline-inducing frights, and realized embodiments of our deepest fears. The horror genre is vast and varies from single-player experiences to multiplayer horror games. Titles like Bioshock creep up on you slowly, while games like Dead by Daylight allow you to embody the bloodthirsty murderer and chase after your friends. Whatever type of scary games you like, here you'll find the best horror games the industry has to offer. Muster your courage and dig in because the only thing that is the least frightening is the game prices.
What are horror games?
Horror games are a video game genre designed to make your pulse rise and your heart beat faster. Whether through unexpected jump-scares or building a tense, paranoia-inducing atmosphere, the best horror titles can make your skin crawl. A masterfully crafted horror experience plays tricks on your mind and inhabits monsters in every corner of your imagination.
What are the best scary games?
Horror is a versatile medium that mixes and matches with other game genres. Walking simulators like Scorn and Layers of Fear terrify you with atmosphere and sound. Meanwhile, fast-paced FPS games like DOOM or Dying Light pit you against hordes of terrifying monsters. There's a game for every type of gamer, whether you like to unravel a horrifying mystery or survive by the skin of your teeth. Here are some of the best games in the horror genre.
- Resident Evil. The famous Resident Evil series is synonymous with horror. Birthing the entire survival-horror games genre, to this day, RE continues to innovate and deliver a spooky atmosphere and heart-pounding scares;
- Outlast. Dubbed one of the scariest games of all time, Outlast trilogy justifies its title with terrifying monsters and a never-ending cat-and-mouse chase;
- Layers of Fear. Experience a psychological descent into madness as you wander around a Victorian-era mansion haunted by ghastly visions;
- DOOM. The fast-paced action of DOOM may not make chills run down your spine, but the brutal FPS will turn you into a demon-killing machine;
- Dead by Daylight. Invite your friends and try killing them in an online game where one plays as a bloodthirsty murderer while others must escape its terrifying grasp. Pair Dead by Daylight with numerous DLCs, and you can embody the famous killers and monsters from famous slasher movies and popular TV shows;
- Alien: Isolation. Can you survive against the unstoppable Xenomorph in the best game of the Alien franchise?
- Little Nightmares. This little indie gem makes all your nightmares come to life in a beautifully crafted world full of dreadful wicked monsters.
Why are horror games so popular?
From action-packed Dying Light 2 to counting every bullet in Resident Evil – what makes horror games so appealing? As humans, we've always been drawn toward the unknown. As long as we feel safe in our homes, no monster can get us. We enjoy blood, gore, psychological dread, and being hunted by the ominous presence. A well-crafted horror game builds anticipation before we can notice, causes eeriness to creep up and down our skins, and at the right moment – grips us, scares us, and makes us gasp, first in fear, then in amazement at the masterful suspense. Scary games are like rollercoaster rides, and we all love amusement parks! Whether you like to play horror games online with friends or stay in with all doors and windows locked, they continue to fascinate gamers with scares, diverse settings, and sub-genres.