- Regions:United States
- Regions:North America
- Reset all filters
You may also be interested in:
- Xbox Games
- PSN Games
- Indie games
- Action games
- Adventure games
- RPG Games
- Strategy games
- Simulation games
- FPS/TPS games
- Racing games
- Sports games
- Platform games
- Puzzle Games
- Fighting games
- Point-Click Games
- Hack Slash Games
- MMO games
- Music Games
- Educational Games
- Single-Player Video Games | Games for One Player
- Multiplayer Games | Games for many players
- Local Co-op Games at the Best Price!
- Get Split Screen Games Cheaper!
- Third Person Games | PC, PS4, Xbox Titles with Third Person Perspective
- Side-Scroller Games | Discover the Best 2D Games!
- Isometric games | Discover games with a top-down view!
- VR Games | Buy Virtual Reality Games Cheaper!
- Horror games | Buy scary games cheaper!
Get ready to immerse yourself in fun, fast-paced games, full of special effects and breath-taking action. Arcade-style video games are for those who want something quick and effective, so if you are one of those, then take a look at this genre and buy arcade games cheaper. It’s time to pick your next favorite!
What is an arcade game?
At their core, these games don’t involve any intricate mechanics or some kind of management. They are very addictive in their nature, designed to be played in short sessions, and are often meant to be played in co-op mode, together or against other players. In arcade games, the player often has to earn points by clearing levels as quickly and as precisely as possible. Usually, these games are quite short, though they require you to master their levels to achieve better results. The most important thing is to know that originally, this kind of game was meant only for arcade machines, so they have that very simple approach towards gameplay.
Most common kinds of arcade games
Such games can have a lot of different forms, but we present the most common types of arcade-style games:
- Action. A lot of old and new action games on PCs or consoles have their inspirations in arcade-type games. These games offer a lot of fun and excitement: they usually don’t have intricate gameplay mechanics and are mainly focused on effective action, usually in the form of shooting. The best example of action arcade games is the Call of Duty series;
- Racing. An arcade-type racing game offers a fast-paced experience and fun competition with AI or other players. They are known for amazing graphics and good soundtracks. The best example of racing arcade games is the Need for Speed series;
- Rail-shooter. An old sub-genre originated in Japan, rail-shooter lets players shoot enemies in scripted scenes. The player has no control of a character, and can only perform shooting and reloading of a weapon. A lot of classic rail-shooters have produced their versions of light-guns – a controller that resembles an actual gun. The most popular rail-shooter series is The House of The Dead.
- Fighting games. A type of game that is usually played by two players, fighting each other as 3D characters in 2D levels. This sub-genre is probably the most popular kind of competitive video game. The most notable series of fighting games are Tekken, Street Fighter, and Mortal Kombat.
- Shoot ‘em up. A sub-genre of arcade games that is all about shooting and evading opponent fire. Also known as shmups, these games are played from a top-down or scrolling perspective, where the player controls a plane or a jet and shoots enemies while trying not to get shot himself. The most notable shmup is Ikaruga.
- Side-scrollers. A very old arcade games genre that originated in Japan’s arcades, side-scrollers offer an experience where the player has to navigate a character in side-scrolling levels and defeat various enemies while platforming. The most notable series are Super Mario and Double Dragon.
Are arcade games still popular?
Despite the fact that with time, most games of this kind transferred to home systems, the genre and some of its sub-parts, such as fighting games, are still really popular in the markets of both home consoles and arcade machines. Furthermore, the most successful action and racing games of today have their roots in the arcade scene, so it’s obvious that the genre is still alive and kicking. Other sub-genres, such as rail-shooters, shoot ‘em ups and classic side-scrollers have been transferred to the indie scene, and are popular among retro games. Despite the origins of the genre, there are still plenty of cheap arcade PC games on the market. So get them at an amazing price!