MMO and MMORPG games
- Clear all
Mohlo by vás také zajímat:
- Hry pro Xbox
- PSN Hry
- FPS / TPS
- Arkádové hry
- Hack Slash
- Hudební hry
- Vzdělávací hry
- Jeden hráč
- Hra pro více hráčů
- Místní družstvo
- Rozdělená obrazovka
- Třetí osoba
- Boční posuvník
- Pohled z ptačí perspektivy
- Virtuální realita
MMO or massively multiplayer online games are the best choices for those players who want to be a part of a big online game community. If you like the idea of going into raids with a group of other players, then MMO games are just for you. This type of game is like a second life for millions of players around the world. Maybe you are one of them? Take a look at a selection of various games, including Xbox MMORPG, PlayStation, and PC MMORPGs.
What is an MMO game?
MMOs are online-only games with a large number of players, hundreds or even thousands of people, playing on the same server. These games usually feature a huge open world, in which players do various quests or fight enemies, cooperate with other players or fight each other. These games can be found on PCs, consoles, or even smartphones.
What are the most common MMO types?
There are a lot of different types of multiplayer games, each with its unique features, but the most common are MMORPGs. These games are open-world RPG experiences, where millions of people from around the world are playing on the same server, doing quests together, and fighting each other. The most notable game in this genre is World of Warcraft. Also, there are FPS, strategy, and simulation types of this genre, but these titles aren’t extremely popular and they attract a more niche audience. The community is very active and engaging, and fans from all over the world are constantly waiting for new, upcoming MMORPG games that the developers are constantly working on.
Why are MMO games so popular?
The main appeal of these games is a sense of belonging to a community of the game that you are playing. While playing this kind of game, you always come across other players, with whom you can make a connection, talk and become friends, then do quests together. You can say that MMO games are the most social type of video game, so if you are a social person and want to hang out with other people in video games, then these games are just for you.
Most notable MMO games
There are a lot of popular titles, but we recommend looking at these more notable ones:
- World of Warcraft. Probably the best MMORPG of all time, WoW was released in 2004 by Blizzard Entertainment. Back then, a lot of people were fans of the real-time strategy series Warcraft universe and wanted to further explore it. With WoW, a lot of people got a chance to get to know the world of Warcraft better. This game is alive even today and has two forms. One of them is classic or vanilla, which looks the same as in 2004, and the other is basic WoW, with better graphics and all released expansions;
- RuneScape. An old popular MMORPG, originally released in 2001 by Jagex, RuneScape is one of those cult-classic MMO PC games that most gamers are aware of. RuneScape was originally a browser game, but was largely replaced by a standalone client in 2016;
- Black Desert Online. Released in 2015 by the Korean company Pearl Abyss, Black Desert Online is a free-to-play anime MMORPG set in a fantasy world. The game is known for a huge community and amazing graphics;
- The Elder Scrolls Online. Released in 2014 by ZeniMax Online Studios, The Elder Scrolls Online is set in a universe of the famous Elder Scrolls series. TES Online is a very popular game, which is praised by many players around the world;
- Final Fantasy XIV. If you are a fan of the biggest JRPG series Final Fantasy and want to explore the endless universe of FF, you cannot go wrong with FFXIV. The game was released in 2010 by Square Enix and is known as one of the best MMORPG for PS4 and other platforms on the market.
History of MMO games
Take a look at a short history of MMO games:
- The 1980s. The first game of this kind that helped to create the genre was the multiplayer flight combat simulation game Air Warrior (1986) by studio Kesmai on the Genie online service, though commercial MMORPGs gained acceptance in the late 1980s. Series such as GemStone on GEnie (also by Kesmai), and Neverwinter Nights which debuted on AOL service, helped develop the genre.
- The 1990s. The Realm Online, Meridian 59 (the first 3D MMORPG), Castle Infinity (the first of its kind title for kids), Ultima Online, Underlight, and EverQuest in the late 1990s popularized the genre even further. The growth in technology meant that larger servers could support more and more players at the same time.
- The 2000s. If Neverwinter Nights in 1991 had been limited to 50 simultaneous players (a number that grew to 500 by 1995), by the year 2000, a multitude of various games, such as the most popular MMORPG – World of Warcraft and EVE Online, was each serving thousands of simultaneous players.