Fighting games | Fighting genre
- Регионы:Соединенные Штаты
- Регионы:Северная Америка
- Сбросить все фильтры
Вас также может заинтересовать:
- Игры для Xbox
- Игры для PSN
- Приключенческие игры
- RPG Games
- FPS / TPS
- Спортивные игры
- Puzzle Games
- Point-Click Games
- Arcade games
- Hack Slash Games
- Music Games
- Образовательные игры
- Single-Player Video Games | Games for One Player
- Multiplayer Games | Games for many players
- Local Co-op Games at the Best Price!
- Get Split Screen Games Cheaper!
- Third Person Games | PC, PS4, Xbox Titles with Third Person Perspective
- Side-Scroller Games | Discover the Best 2D Games!
- Isometric games | Discover games with a top-down view!
- VR Games | Buy Virtual Reality Games Cheaper!
- Horror games | Buy scary games cheaper!
Fighting games are the best choice for two players who want to compete with each other in stylish fights. This old genre offers a lot of amazing titles that can please any fan of competitive gameplay. With fighting games, grab your buddy and immerse yourself into intricate combat mechanics and succeed!
What are the most common fighting genre features?
Get ready for deep combat mechanics and competitive gameplay against other players. Usually, fighting video games are 1on1 battles in 2D environments, wherein a few rounds you have to defeat your opponent. 2 player fighting games offer the most competitive experience on the market. There are MMA, boxing fighting games, and many other types of titles where you can test your combat skills!
Here is a shortlist of the most common fighting games features:
- Competitive gameplay. This genre is strictly designed for players who want the competition. Get ready to be better and defeat your opponent in a fierce battle;
- Deep combos. With fighting games, you will have to master deep and intricate combat mechanics in order to succeed;
- Battles in rounds. You have to defeat your opponent two times in a row during two rounds. If you aren’t successful in defeating your opponent a second time, you will have a chance in the form of a third try.
Why are fighting games so popular?
Fighting games are popular because of their competitive element. Players who like to compete against each other usually love this genre. These types of games usually have neat style and aesthetics that many players find appealing. In the end, though, the desire to be the best player in the game is the main reason why this genre is so popular.
What are the best fighting games?
There are lots of amazing and unique series, and we present to you the most significant ones. Here, is a shortlist of more important franchises:
- Mortal Kombat. Since 1992, Mortal Kombat has been one of the most successful 2 player fighting game series on the planet. Created by Midway, there are more than 20 MK games released, and a few films produced. MK is known for extreme violence and gore scenes, hence be aware of this feature. These long-running series don’t want to stop, and fans are constantly waiting for the next installment;
- Tekken. Created by Namco, Tekken is an extremely popular Japanese fighting game series that spawned 10 games since its inception in 1994. For many, Tekken is the defining series of the fighting genre.
- Soul Calibur. Another well-known series from Namco, Soul Calibur is also popular and unique, since it presents fights with various weapons. SC is the one series to get if you are into sword fighting games. There are more than 10 SC games released to this date since 1995;
- Street Fighter. If anyone asked you, what series helped define this genre the most, it would probably be Street Fighter. Starting in 1987, the series made by Capcom, spawned tons of both mainline and spin-off titles;
- Guilty Gear. Since 1998, Guilty Gear has been standing out as one of the more stylish anime fighting game series. If you like anime aesthetics, then GG will be your next favorite. Created by Arc System Works, the series has more than 5 amazing titles that are waiting for your attention.
How to choose the right fighting game for you?
If you are into competitive video games and are looking for the right one, then the most important question to ask is: what kind of game do you really want? Take a look at these steps to decide which game is the best for you:
- Step 1. Consider how you want your game to look and what features to have. There is no secret that Japanese and western games look different. Hence, you must decide if you want an Asian-style game or more of a western one. If you are more into the western style of fighting games and don’t get upset by violence, then choose Mortal Kombat. If you want something more Asian and classic, choose Street Fighter. If you prefer something with weapons, choose Soul Calibur. And if you want a game with anime graphics, choose Guilty Gear.
- Step 2. Check out the top games of this genre above & pick one that suits you best;
- Step 3. Buy the best fighting games cheaper on our marketplace!
History of fighting games
The history of this type of genre is long, but we present to you the most important events that are crucial for the genre:
- In the 1970s, the very first video game that featured fist fighting was Heavyweight Champ, but its sequel Karate Champ popularized the 1on1 fighting style in arcades;
- In the 80s, Yie Ar Kung-Fu was released. This game featured antagonists with different fighting styles and introduced health meters. Another game, The Way of the Exploding Fist further popularized the genre on home systems, but it was in 1987 when the fighting game genre became a big deal because Street Fighter was released: this game introduced special attacks;
- In the 90s, Capcom released the highly successful Street Fighter II, which refined the genre and included the most important feature – combos. Fighting games became the most important genre of competitive video gaming, particularly in arcades. A lot of popular fighting titles were released back then, including Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Super Smash Bros, Tekken, and Virtua Fighter.