Isometric games | Discover games with a top-down view!
- Genrer:Bird View
- Återställ filter
Du kanske också är intresserad av:
- Xbox Spel
- PSN spel
- FPS / TPS
- Hack Slash
- Music Games
- Educational Games
- Local Co-Op
- Split Screen
- Third Person
- Side Scroller
- Virtual Reality
If you are one of those gamers who prefer to view your game from a top-down perspective, then you came to the right place, because we offer the best deals on isometric games on the market! RPGs, strategy, and tactical games are waiting for you to be discovered at a cheaper price today! Take a look at our guide to top-down view games, and choose your next favorite!
What are isometric games?
These games are played from a top-down camera perspective. Basically, there are two kinds of these games: Japanese top-down view games, which usually are JRPGs, such as classic Dragon Quest, Chrono Trigger, or old-school Zelda, while western games tend to use the term “isometric”, which is applicable to various action RPGs, such as Diablo, Grim Dawn, or CRPGs, such as Planescape: Torment and Baldur’s Gate. Also, western isometric video games are strategy titles, such as Starcraft, Warcraft, and Total War series. Furthermore, the isometric camera perspective is present in tactical games, such as X-com or the Fire Emblem series.
What are the best isometric games?
Take a look at the best games from this perspective. Titles that are both western and Japanese titles, then choose your favorite and immerse yourself in amazing adventures and experiences:
Western isometric title series:
- Starcraft. Since 1998, Starcraft by Blizzard Entertainment remains one of the biggest strategy game series on the planet. Immerse yourself in a sci-fi world and destroy your opponents in single-player and multiplayer modes;
- X-com. Since 1994, X-com is probably the best-known tactical RPG/strategy game series, made by various developers. First games were made by MicroProse and Hasbro Interactive, then newer iterations were created by Firaxis Games. In X-com games, you control a party of soldiers, who have to kill aliens. Turn-based battles can get really challenging and interesting, so be prepared to have some serious fun;
- Diablo. Since 1997, Diablo by Blizzard is probably the most significant action RPG series, that offers a selection of the best isometric perspective games. These titles are alive and praised even today. These games offer an experience in a dark fantasy world where you have to kill waves of demons and other scum of hell;
- Planescape: Torment. Released in 1999 by Black Isle Studios, Planescape: Torment remains one of the most significant CRPG titles, that is praised today. It’s one of those cult-classic titles, that old-school fans still remember and play.
Japanese isometric title series:
- Old-school Dragon Quest. Known as the most traditional JRPG series, Dragon Quest at the beginning made by Chunsoft and later by Square Enix could be described as a standard and key series of the genre. Like in other classic and traditional games, you will have to save the world from the forces of evil;
- Chrono Trigger. Made in 1995 by Square, Chrono Trigger is a cult-classic JRPG game, that is known for its art style, characters, and good design. The game is remastered for newer systems, but if we ever will get a true remake, remains unknown. The game sets in a fantasy world, where a group of heroes has to save the world again;
- Fire Emblem. A tactical RPG series, that started in 1990, Fire Emblem is also a cult classic, that is praised by hardcore games around the world. In Fire Emblem games, you have to fight against opponents in a grid-like arena, where characters have to fight in duels against each other. Don’t forget to keep an eye on action points, because it’s vital for your survival.
Of course, there are many more isometric view games produced, but with our guide, you will get to know the basics. And don’t forget to check out the best deals at the Eneba marketplace, choose your next favorite, and buy it at a cheaper price today!