First-person games | Discover FPS, shooter games, and more!
- Genrer:First Person
- Återställ filter
When you hear the term first-person game, the default thought that pops into your head is a first-person shooter. But first-person games can be much more than shooters, with genres ranging from survival horror to a simulator, mystery, and even RPG. First-person games are beloved by many gamers because they let you become the hero of the story, whereas controlling a character in a third-person creates a barrier between you and that character. If you want immersion on the highest level, you will never go wrong with a first-person game!
What are first-person games?
First-person or POV games are a video game genre where you experience the game world from the first-person perspective. It can be a first-person shooter, a story-driven walking simulator with a compelling mystery to solve, a survival game where you have to gather resources and craft various items, or an RPG where you cast spells and swing a sword. The most notable examples include games like Doom, Halo, Outlast, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Green Hell, and even Skyrim.
What are the best games with a first-person perspective?
There are thousands of games from the first-person perspective appealing to every taste and mixing various genres. Here are a few examples of the best POV and best shooter games you gotta play:
- Doom. You will never go wrong with the remake of the game that birthed an entire FPS games genre. If you’re itching for a fast-paced shooter to blow off some steam, Doom and its sequel Doom Eternal are nothing less than perfect;
- Resident Evil Village. If you’re looking for a survival-horror game in first-person, Resident Evil biohazard and RE Village is an outstanding return to the series’ roots that will give you plenty of chills and thrills;
- Green Hell. Proclaimed as one of the most realistic survival games that will test you and possibly teach you some valuable survival skills;
- What Remains Of Edith Finch. For those who love unraveling mysteries, What Remains of Edith Finch lets to experience an emotional and thought-provoking tale of the Finch family history wrapped in unique storytelling;
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. If your blood is craving for an adventure, this masterpiece from Bethesda welcomes you with a massive open world, many stories to tell, and an adventure you won’t forget for years to come;
- Bioshock. Mixing first-person shooter elements with survival horror, Bioshock tells a tale of a utopia gone to waste. As you’ll explore an underwater city as paranoia slowly creeps down your back, you’ll unearth secrets and experience one of the best atmospheric horrors in this first-person classic;
- Rainbow Six Siege. If you like competitive multiplayer shooters which require team planning and strategic thinking, Siege is one of the best tactical shooting games for PC, PlayStation, and Xbox.
What genre games use first-person perspective?
First-person games are no longer limited to FPS shooters like it was in the early 90s when every game tried to be a clone of Doom. Whatever you feel like playing, you'll find many choices for your cravings. From multiplayer shooting games like Destiny 2 or Escape from Tarkov to survival horror like Outlast or Alien: Isolation which will make your heart beat faster. There are countless RPG games for any taste – from futuristic Cyberpunk 2077 to medieval Kingdom Come: Deliverance. From solving puzzles in Portal 2 to letting your creativity flow in Minecraft – whatever genre you are craving, you’re sure to find a first-person game to play.