Online and Local Co-op Games at the Best Price!
- Regiony:Spojené státy americké
- Regiony:Severní Amerika
- Resetujte všechny filtry
Before everyone had a fast internet connection as we do now, most games were single-player or had a local or couch co-op. And what fun it was to gather a bunch of friends and play Halo, Goldeneye, Mortal Kombat, or FIFA on a split-screen with a bowl full of snacks, a pizza, and a room filled with shouting and cheering. Local co-op games are the bread and butter of epic game nights with friends or a perfect bonding experience with your significant other.
What are co-op games?
In simple terms, co-op games are the ones you can play with your buddies on the same screen and work toward achieving the same goal. In local co-op games, you tag-team with your friends and solve puzzles to progress to the next level, defeat bosses, or simply try to survive the endless waves of enemies. Couch co-op games usually have a split-screen mode where two or more players work toward a set goal or compete against one another. Some games, like sports titles or fighting games, have a versus mode and can be played with both players controlling separate characters at the same time. If you’re planning a get-together and looking for games to play, co-op games are a perfect fit for a thrilling game night!
What are the best co-op games?
If you’re planning a game night with friends or looking to hook your significant other on gaming, here are some of the best couch co-op games for your game nights with friends, family, or just for the two of you:
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Remastered Halo Combat Evolved and Halo two will always remain in the pantheon of competitive local FPS shooters among the best co-op games on PC and Xbox;
- It Takes Two. It’s one of the best couch co-op 2-player games, suited for friends, family, and couples alike. Every level of the game is a new and unique challenge to complete, accompanied by a heart-warming story;
- Super Mario Party. An amazing Nintendo Switch party game where up to 4 players compete in various minigames. If you’re looking for a casual party game to enhance a friend or family gathering, Super Mario Party fits the bill perfectly;
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. If you’re feeling competitive, challenge your friends to a race. Mario Kart has been a favorite racing party game since 1992 and, to this day, continues to entertain gamers on the Nintendo Switch. Let those blue shells fly!
- LEGO games. Every LEGO game has a split-screen and is perfect for playing with young gamers! With numerous franchises, like Star Wars, Harry Potter, Marvel, DC, Lord of the Rings, and more to choose from, every gamer will find a LEGO game for their taste;
- Sports games. Football, basketball, NFL, and UFC – are just a few sports genres you can challenge your friends in. Shoot hoops in the NBA 2K series, play legendary football matches in FIFA, and beat your friends up in the UFC series;
- Mortal Kombat. One of the best co-op fighting games, Mortal Kombat, has been a party favorite since it debuted in 1992. Unique characters, flashy combos, and brutal fatalities made Mortal Kombat stand out among many two-player games in the fighting genre.
There are plenty more outstanding 2-player PS4 games, as well as on Xbox, PC, and Nintendo Switch. Browse Eneba and find the perfect party game for you cheaper!
What is the difference between online and local co-op?
Even though local co-op games are very similar to online games as both can be played via the internet, you can play online games with people from all over the world. Meanwhile, local co-op is limited to a local network where you and your friends set up a local connection and each play on your own separate gaming devices or the same screen in versus or split-screen mode. The best examples of online games would be titles like Call of Duty, Battlefield, and Valheim. While many local co-op games can also be played online, to give you a clear example, the best co-op games include Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros., It Takes Two, Overcooked, and other games that have split-screen.