Single-Player Video Games | Games for One Player
- Clear all
You may also be interested in:
- Xbox Games
- PSN Games
- Hack Slash
- Music Games
- Educational Games
- Local Co-Op
- Split Screen
- Third Person
- Side Scroller
- Bird View
- Virtual Reality
Are you interested in story-rich adventures with charming characters and amazing, cinematic set-pieces? If so, look no further and choose single-player video games, since this is the type that is all about cinematic quality, characters, and breathtaking action, carefully designed by the best game developers! Sometimes you don’t have to play games with other people, because there is a big selection of 1 player games that are just so much more fun and entertaining.
What are the best single-player games that you should play?
Take a look at the best titles that are created to be experienced alone:
- God of War. This old and rich series of top-quality action titles from Santa Monica Studios was born in 2005, and to this day GOW continues to entertain players with new installments, that present a new perspective, style, and even more amazing experience;
- Uncharted. Since 2007, the Uncharted series from Naughty Dog is known as one of the best action-adventure experiences that you can get with video games. Extremely entertaining and breath-taking action pieces together with well-written characters, that you will fall in love with are waiting for you to join;
- The Last of Us. Another important series from the aforementioned Naughty Dog developers is no other but The Last of Us which consists of two games that present the HBO-level of drama, storytelling, and characters. You can’t go wrong with these one-player games;
- Assassin’s Creed. An old series made by Ubisoft in 2007, AC is probably one of the biggest and most varied AAA series on the market. For fans of history, parkour, and amazing action this is old news but still an important mention and one-of-a-kind series overall. God knows what AC will transform into next time…
- Red Dead Redemption II. Not everyone knows, but Red Dead is an old series from Rockstar, that eventually got widely popular with the 2010’s installment. For some, this is better than GTA and we can understand. RDR is a top-notch, cutting-edge game about western cowboys and their daily lives. RDRII, released in 2018 is no different but even more magnificent than ever before, telling a Hollywood-like story in a photorealistic world;
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild. When talking about the best of the best single-player games, you can agree that the Japanese market is somehow left behind with lesser production quality overall, yet Zelda: BotW from Nintendo is the perfect exception and is praised around the world for its open-world design, colorful graphics, and the feeling of adventure;
- The Witcher 3. Probably one of the biggest western fantasy RPGs, known and praised around the world, The Witcher 3 from CD Projekt Red, is a must-have game for every enjoyer of fantasy settings, RPG mechanics, and single-player experiences. It’s one of the best single-player PC, Xbox One, and PS4 games. Immerse into the biggest open world and see for yourself;
- Elden Ring. For many hardcore players, Elden Ring is the game that has the best open world. Set in a fantasy world, this title is the continuation of the Dark Souls formula, yet it presents an alive and breathing world full of dangers and a hostile atmosphere. Epic dark fantasy work from the best developers FromSoftware is waiting for you.
Are single-player video games better than multiplayer?
It’s hard to answer whether games for one player are better than multiplayer games since they are meant for different kinds of gamers. It’s a matter of taste. For some players, amazing stories, characters, and scripted set-pieces are things that they are looking for, while for others the most important part is competitive gameplay, so they choose multiplayer games instead. There is no better or worse genre or type of game, but the fact is that some players tend to choose one kind, while others keep an eye on another.
What types of single-player video games are there?
There are many types of single-player games. This type of game can cover most genres of video games, but we could argue that the most common types of these games are these:
- Open-world games. In these games, you can freely explore a large map and do various main and side activities;
- Survival games. With single-player survival games, get ready to sharpen your skills of survival in hostile and dangerous environments;
- First-person games. Shooters and exploration games in the first person offer the greatest immersion of them all;
- Third-person games. For those who want to always see their character, it’s the best type. Action-adventure, shooters, and many other kinds of these games can be played in single-player mode;
- Adventure. If you are not into action, but rather an exploration, then look at adventure games, because they offer well-written stories and characters in a form of good and fun single-player games;
- Horror. Prepare to get scared, because horror games can be no joke! Inspired by classic 80’s horror and many other things, these games can shake your reality to new levels.
Of course, there are tons of other types of these games, since it’s probably the most common type to mention them all… well, it would take quite some time. To sum it up, if you want a good story, characters, amazing set-pieces, and atmosphere, choose single-player video games and you most certainly won’t get disappointed!