Back in the day, we wrote that Rocket League’s developer has been acquired by Epic Games, meaning that both of these online gaming hits are now under one roof. Since then Psyonix decided to ditch Steam and joined Epic Games Store as a free-to-play title. Now, to celebrate its launch and boost the community engagement, Epic Games is doing a crossover event between Rocket League and Fortnite.
The new in-game event for both games is called Llama-Rama and should kick off on September 26th. In Fortnite, players will be able to earn certain in-game rewards for completing challenges – you can earn ‘Brella toppers, contrails, sprays, and more. On Rocket League’s side of things, players get an opportunity to earn car toppers, decals, custom wheels, and more, all themed around Fortnite’s love for llamas. However, probably the best reward is Fortnite’s Battle Bus which can be used as an in-game vehicle.
Here’s every challenge you need to complete in order to get some of those digital goodies:
CHALLENGE 1: LLAMAS, START YOUR ENGINES!
- Rocket League Challenge: Play an Online Match in Any Playlist
- Rocket League Reward: Llama Flyer Antenna
- Fortnite Reward: Rocket League Spray
CHALLENGE 2 – FLAGGED FOR VICTORY
- Rocket League Challenge: Win 1 Online Match in Casual with the Llama Antenna
- Rocket League Reward: Top Llama Topper
- Fortnite Reward: Holodata Drop Contrail
CHALLENGE 3 – TOP OF THE WORLD
- Rocket League Challenge: Get 5 goals, saves, or assists with the Llama Topper
- Rocket League Reward: Loot Llama Octane Decal
- Fortnite Reward: Rocket Groove Music Track
CHALLENGE 4 – AN EPIC ENDEAVOR
- Rocket League Challenge: Win 5 Online Matches in Any Playlist with the Llama Decal (Octane)
- Rocket League Reward: Llama Wheels
- Fortnite Reward: Rocket League Emoticon
CHALLENGE 5 – LLAMA LEGEND
- Rocket League Challenge: Get MVP in any Online Match with the Llama Wheels
- Rocket League Reward: Battle Bus + Battle Balloon Antenna, Battle Bus Wheels, and Battle Bus Engine Audio
- Fortnite Reward: Octane RL Backbling + style variant
The key takeaway here is that you don’t need to play both games in order to get rewards for your preferred game. However, it’s a nice cross-promotion that might very well boost the numbers of Rocket League ahead of its second launch.
In case you haven’t heard, the launch is set for today so if you didn’t have plans for the evening, be sure to hop on your Rocket car and enjoy this fresh start. We’re guessing that there will be a huge influx of new players so you can start honing your skills among newbies such as yourself.